Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Thank Whoo



I've been playing with the watercolour background Francoise Read from Woodware demonstrated on Saturday at my local craft centre.

 Hero Art's have a video showing the same background technique HERE if you would like to try it yourself.

My friend Tracy knows I love owls and this fab Papermania Urban Stamp was a present from her .

 For my first card I've used three distress ink colours to make the background and then used the same colours to colour my owl.

 Here's a bit closer view so you can see the sutle leaves I have stamp on the background as well.

 Francoise used finger daubers to add colour and so did I. It's strange how on the first card the colours bled out more and on the other two I ended up with dots of colour which I love as well as they remind me of smarties !!































Well you have to admit, 3 very different and very colourful " Thank whoo " cards !!

My friend Nicki came with me to the demo and she has some fab photo's of Francoise cards on her blog !!

Would love to enter;
Craft-Dee Bowz: anything goes with a handmade bow
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes
My Craft Spot: bright colours
Stamp and Create: anthing goes

8 comments:

simply monica said...

What a creative card I totally love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee Bowz!!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Wowee, I just love these. Such bright and beautiful cards and they contain owls, my fav things! Just love them! hugs Heidi xxx

Sandra said...

So creative ... Amazing

rachel said...

fabulous makes Diane - I especially love the smartie background ones - fabulous!!! Big hugs rachel x

Kate said...

Such wonderfully bright and fun cards! The backgrounds look fabulous - especially with that fantastic sentiment as a border!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Desire Fourie said...

These little owl creations are just adorable and so fun and colourful. Love the mixed media feel and the autumn and spring versions.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

downrightcrafty said...

super image and lovely cards
hugs Kate x

simply monica said...

Wow how creative and unique love them. thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Dee Bowz!! be sure to join us for next months challenge as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...