Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

One sardine tin....




 ..yes it started out life as a plain sardine tin, but then I attacked it !!

First I covered it with texture paste, let it dry then gave it a coat of brown acylic paint topped of with Rusty Hinge distress stickles. Then glued two large beads for feet.

The stamp set I've used is "Hoist the Flags" by Lindsay Mason


 I cut an oval of white card and a strip to fit inside the tin, then stamped the scene so it carried on all round the tin. I'm amazed I got it all to match up !!  Stamped the little boy, girl plus bunting onto some more white card, coloured using pastel promarkers and fussy cut out.


From paper clay I made some stones to go in the bottom and then covered with stickles so I could stand the little boy up
Using a Marianne die I cut a tree out,  coloured it and chopped it up and re-arranged it on the left.


Finished off with stamping the sentiment, cutting it out, adding the bunting and little girl, topped out with some green stickles !!

Ta dah.... one decorated sardine tin !! 

 Would love to enter:
Mirror Cracked; shadow box
All Crafts Challenge: anything but a card
We Love 2 Create: anything goes/ mixed media goes
Simom Says Stamp: anything goes

9 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

clever, clever you!! I love those stamps so much xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow this is so fabulous and clever Diane! A gorgeous little project and a very ingenious way to recycle. I have those stamps too but to my shame they've sat unused in the drawer for a few years :( I saw them being demoed at a Sincerely Yours craft fair a few years back and just had to have them but alas my customers aren't in to this style of image so I'll have to make something for myself with them. Thanks for sharing and reminding me with this gorgeous shadow box/tin creation.
Lorraine

Dawn said...

It's the cutest sardine tin I've ever seen Diane!
I totally love it! You talented lady!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jane said...

Wow Diane, it's brilliant.

rachel said...

this is absolutely brilliant Diane - really a fabulous piece - you are so very clever - hugs rachel x

Unknown said...

OMG, what a totally wonderful creation, and a Sardine Tin, must get my son to eat some, not keen on them myself, but with him having been posted in Afghanistan, a few years back, he became partial to them, LOL, a wonderful project Diane, hugs xxx

Dorrie said...

Great up-cycle Diane love it!

Mandy said...

Wonderful altered project Diane! I love the scene you've created it's so cute and all that glitter looks gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Superb alteration, love the scene you have created with all interesting things.
Thanks so much for joining us at Mirror Cracked this month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...